Day One: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Workout

I borrowed this DVD from my sister to see if it was something I would want to purchase. She warned me that it would "kick my butt" and that when she did it she was unable to do the flight of stairs in her house without thinking her legs were going to give out on her.

I brought it home and popped it in the computer to view it, looked easy enough. I'll give it a try... TOMORROW! I know. I know.  My first mistake, waiting to start, but hey! I did get started.

So here I am after my first workout with the DVD doing Level 1.

OUCH! I have to be honest, I had to stop and take a 10 second breather a couple of times, even though Jillian does a great motivating you and pushing you and encouraging you and TELLING you NOT to take a break longer than five seconds, I was dying! I had to stop for a drink.

I did push myself though and completed the first session and my legs felt like jelly! None of the moves are too hard for beginners or for those who are on the heavy side. The basic crunch, resere crunch, lunges, squat and jumping jack are incorporated with side lunges, chest flyes and butt kicks (which you are encouraged to literally kick yourself in the butt!)

I was for sure that I'd have a hard time in my three story house getting around from level to level the next day and was hoping that I wasn't too sore to walk up and down the stairs.

I wasn't!  Though I felt a bit sore, mostly in my arms, shoulders and sides, I was able to go about my regular daily activities.

I'll be back for more..... tomorrow for sure!


SuperMom Signature

No comments: