Tuesday Tip for July 6, 2010

DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST!


Don't skip breakfast to save on calories, here's why:

Breakfast, means to break the fast. You've fasted all night while you were sleeping (unless of course you sleep walk and raid the fridge, or wake up in the middle of the night and raid the fridge!), so in morning you need to break your fast. By breaking your fast you are feeding your brain (so you'll do better at work, school or chasing kids) and you cause your metabolism to wake up.

Eating a healthy breakfast, a carb, protein and some fruits/veggies, will get you off to a great start.

I've recently traded in my huge bowl of cold cereal for a fat-free yogurt, high-fiber wheat toast or some Fiber-One cereal in my yogurt, and a banana. It's enough to get me going, quick to prepare and I'm ready for a snack within 2 to 3 hours, so it is perfect for the new eating routine I'm on.

What's your go to breakfast?


SuperMom Signature

No comments: